Oak Island Fishing Pier 910.278.6464
Water temps ranged from 84 to 86 degree. Current water temp is 83
degrees. Little change from last week, cooler water is improving the fishing.
Spanish have been doing well with the large quantity of mullet minnows running by the pier. Regular catches in the 3 and 4 lb. are being made.
Black Drum, and Spanish are doing well. Pompano, spade fish, and whiting continue.
The Trout fishing is slow.
Sharks and skates are plentiful with dogfish 12-24".
YBJAWS TIGER SHARK EXHIBIT
· 1,150 Pound Tiger Shark beach display, caught in June 1966 from the YAUPON BEACH PIER by Walter Maxwell.
· Walter Maxwell Memorial with photos and history of the NC State and word record Tiger Sharks he caught.
· Educational posters and displays provide information about sharks and other salt water fish caught on the NC coast.
· JAWS attacks and sinks a boat music and video.
· Swimming and feeding 1,000 lb. Tiger Shark video.
· Long Beach Pier photos and memorabilia.
· Photo Booth offers to take and email your photo with YBJAWS.