Oak Island Fishing Pier 910.278.6464
Click the picture for more
information May 30th and 31st..............
WEEKLY FISHING REPORT – OAK ISLAND PIER – SUNDAY 5-17
Blue fish 12-14” and Spanish 10-18” continues to be really good on Gotcha plugs. Medium croakers, whiting, and puffers continue on the bottom.
Sharks and skates are plentiful with dogfish 12-24".
Preferred bottom bait is shrimp and squid.
Flounder are plentiful with a lot of throw backs unfortunately.
Speckled Trout have been biting daylight to mid-morning. Saturday and Sunday morning produced several limit catches. Artificial baits are doing well.
35 Lb 5 Oz Cobia caught Saturday morning on a live blue.
Preferred fishing times- daylight to midmorning, clear water and tide changes.
Fishing Forecast- Continued improvement in the quantity and size of Kings, Spanish, Trout. Spots due anytime.
YBJAWS TIGER SHARK EXHIBIT
· 1,150 Pound Tiger Shark beach display, caught in June 1966 from the YAUPON BEACH PIER by Walter Maxwell.
· Walter Maxwell Memorial with photos and history of the NC State and word record Tiger Sharks he caught.
· Educational posters and displays provide information about sharks and other salt water fish caught on the NC coast.
· JAWS attacks and sinks a boat music and video.
· Swimming and feeding 1,000 lb. Tiger Shark video.
· Long Beach Pier photos and memorabilia.
· Photo Booth offers to take and email your photo with YBJAWS.